- auto hiding scrollbars in explorer (both vertical and horizontal), they appear on mouseover
20 Nov 2013:
- now visible column separator in explorer detailed view (thanks chemistrylab500x for the hint!)
- more visible title for inactive windows (thanks chemistrylab500x for the hint!)
16 Sep 2013:
- fixed jumplist corruption on Win 8.1 (new .msstyle)
22 Aug 2013:
- added an alternative .theme to enable white ribbon instead of the black one (no more invisible text in some popups like in Chrome). For more details see the related notes in the package.
29 May 2013:
- no more white parts in the GUI instead of dark ones if you block the user, or send a sleep/hybernate/logoff command to the system!! (just apply the new regfile in the pack). Thanks eats7 for the hint!!
07 Apr 2013:
- changed colors for scrollbars (dark grey - dark blue), thanks ViRuSTriNiTy for the hint!
20 Mar 2013:
- darker and more pleasant blue for mouse hover on taskbar thumbnails
06 Mar 2013:
- changed colors for the search box in windows explorer, now its behavior is similar to the one of the address bar;
- in Windows Update, in the detailed list of hotfixes to be installed, the left column is now black instead of grey.
18 Feb 2013:
- new behavior for the explorer address bar on mouse hover, now the single folder is highlighted instead of the complete breadcrumb (thanks to chemistrylab500x for the hint!)
10 Feb 2013:
- darker blue for highlighted text in menus (disabled voices are a little more visible)
09 Feb 2013:
- white visible text instead of black for mouse hover on some buttons;
- new blue expand/reduce button in the left low corner of the task manager, and maybe in other windows too;
- some minor fixes
08 Feb 2013:
- blue (instead of yellow) color for the hilighter when you search file in explorer;
- more visible text in few popups.
INSTALLATION TIPS - READ CAREFULLY!!!
NB: Windows sometimes marks downloaded zip files from Internet as unsafe and this can causes issues.
So, don't forget to unblock the zip before extracting it: right click, then go to "Properties" and select "Unblock" in the bottom box.
- after running Windows Update, load the standard "Windows" theme (aero.theme) before restarting the system to avoid black screen at boot. After the boot, you can chose Gray2014 or other modded themes.
****IMPORTANT INFO 2****
On some configs, the theme switch to default after shutting down Windows. It's due to the fast startup option, just disable it (see "TO-DO (disable) if the theme switch to default at boot.jpg" in this package).
You need to apply this uxtheme patch (others could not function properly): uxstyle.com/
Avoid other system files patching tools (sometimes, in that situation, the boot of Windows can be broken by Windows update).
Then, in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes", you should have this structure:
- "C: | Windows | Resources | Themes | Abisso.theme"
- "C: | Windows | Resources | Themes | Abisso | "
- "C: | Windows | Resources | Themes | Abisso | Abisso.msstyles"
- "C: | Windows | Resources | Themes | Abisso | Wall | "
- "C: | Windows | Resources | Themes | Abisso | shell | "
Then, on the desktop, right mouse click --> Personalize, and choose "Abisso" under "Installed themes".
In the pack there's a registry fix to avoid white elements instead of dark ones after blocking the user, or sending a sleep/hybernate command to the system. Just apply it.
Install and set the included transparency tool as described in the "transparency" folder of this package.
PLEASE NOTE: some antivirus could find a malware in that folder, it's a false positive (due to the set-at-boot.reg behaviour).
There are some barely visibile fonts in few programs but it usually depends from the program itself (if it applies visual style colors for some parts, and hardcoded colors for other parts).
To set transparency in windows and popup frames use the tool included in this pack.
With Firefox, let web pages load their own colors (you can change behavior in FF settings). With Chrome all is good at default.
If you want to change the white background of some web pages like youtube, facebook, google, install STYLISH in your browser and check these css: