Here's Abisso, a dark black & electric blue Visual style for Win8.
Ribbon is now black by default, no need to change sys files.
A great thanks to vistastylebuilder.com guys for their support!
If you want to edit, mod or improve the visual style, just do it (giving credits)!
Hope you like it, enjoy :-D
07 Apr 2013:
- changed colors for scrollbars (dark grey - dark blue), thanks ViRuSTriNiTy for the hint!
20 Mar 2013:
- darker and more pleasant blue for mouse hover on taskbar thumbnails
06 Mar 2013:
- changed colors for the search box in windows explorer, now its behavior is similar to the one of the address bar;
- in Windows Update, in the detailed list of hotfixes to be installed, the left column is now black instead of grey.
18 Feb 2013:
- new behavior for the explorer address bar on mouse hover, now the single folder is highlighted instead of the complete breadcrumb (thanks to chemistrylab500x for the hint!)
10 Feb 2013:
- darker blue for highlighted text in menus (disabled voices are a little more visible)
09 Feb 2013:
- white visible text instead of black for mouse hover on some buttons;
- new blue expand/reduce button in the left low corner of the task manager, and maybe in other windows too;
- some minor fixes
08 Feb 2013:
- blue (instead of yellow) color for the hilighter when you search file in explorer;
- more visible text in few popups.
You need to patch uxtheme, e.g. installing uxstyle: [link]
It doesn't change sys files, avoiding problems after patching the system with Windows Update.
Then, in "C:WindowsResourcesThemes", you should have this structure:
- "C: | Windows | Resources | Themes | Abisso.theme"
- "C: | Windows | Resources | Themes | Abisso | "
- "C: | Windows | Resources | Themes | Abisso | Abisso.msstyles"
- "C: | Windows | Resources | Themes | Abisso | Wall | "
- "C: | Windows | Resources | Themes | Abisso | shell | "
Then, on the desktop, right mouse click --> Personalize, and choose "Abisso" under "Installed themes".
No need to apply modded .dll and .cpl files (only for Win x64), you have to use them only if you want to change taskbar clock background or other few parts that are white by default (like the left column in the Control Panel). But be careful, IT'S DANGEROUS to change these files (make a restore point before). You can use this replacer by ReSayed: [link]
There are some barely visibile fonts in few programs but it usually depends from the program itself (if it apply visual style colors for some parts, and hardcoded colors for other parts).
To set transparency in windows and popup frames use the tool included in this pack (see instructions inside for other tips and problem solving).
With Firefox, let web pages load their own colors (you can change behavior in FF settings). With Chrome all is good at default.
If you want to change the white background of some web pages like youtube, facebook, google, install STYLISH in your browser and check these css:
For WMP background: [link]
Or, better, apply wmploc.dll from this pack: [link]
Wallpaper in the preview: [link]