Please give credits to him too, he did the main work: gsw953onda.deviantart.com/art/…
In the preview thumbnail you can see the most important changes made by me.
A great thanks to vistastylebuilder.com guys for their support!
Ezio Lacandia Bijelkic
14 May 2014
- no changes and no update to download, just an IMPORTANT info:
On some configs, the theme switches to default after shutting down Windows. It's due to the fast startup option, just disable it (see "TO-DO (disable) if the theme switches to default at boot.jpg" in this package).
**update 20 (01 May 2014):
- fix: no white borders in the tiles context menu (to update, just copy the new .msstyles, other files are unchanged)
- sorry, wrong upload lol. Please redownload.
**update 19 (12 Apr 2014):
- fixed colorization, no need to set it manually
- black text (instead of white) in context menu for highlighted entries
- Win8.1 Update 1 compatibility fix, with the new tiles context menu (right click on a tile in the Start to show it).
The theme will not support Windows 8 and 8.1 anymore, Update 1 is mandatory according to Microsoft (otherwise you will not receive Windows Update patches).
- if you use stylish in your browser, check these new dark styles for web pages:
- cleaning up the gui: no separators in context menu
- auto hiding scrollbars in explorer (both vertical and horizontal), they appear on mouseover
- now visible column separator in explorer detailed view (thanks chemistrylab500x for the hint!)
- more visible title for inactive windows (thanks chemistrylab500x for the hint!)
**update 16 (16 Sep 2013):
- fixed jumplist corruption on Win 8.1 (new .msstyle)
**update 15 (29 May 2013):
- no more white parts in the GUI instead of dark ones if you block the user, or send a sleep/hybernate/logoff command to the system!! (just apply the new regfile in the pack). Thanks eats7 for the hint!!
**update14 (07 Apr 2013):
- changed colors for scrollbars (dark grey - dark blue), thanks ViRuSTriNiTy for the hint!
**update 13 (20 Mar 2013):
- changed colors for the search box in windows explorer, now its behavior is similar to the one of the address bar (like in Abisso VS);
- darker and more pleasant blue for mouse hover on taskbar thumbnails
**update 12 (18 Feb 2013):
- new behavior for the explorer address bar on mouse hover, now the single folder is highlighted instead of the complete breadcrumb (thanks to chemistrylab500x for the hint!)
**update 11 (14 Feb 2013):
- restored dark grey scheme (wrong upload with update10 )
- no more white border (now dark blue) for some panels in utorrent, task scheduler and other windows
**update 10 (07 Feb 2013):
- now the placebar (the left column in the Save As window) is black
**update 9 (06 Feb 2013):
- changed checkboxes color (light blue)
- blue active caption
- new color for readonly comoboxes
**update 8 (06 Feb 2013):
- light blue border and text color for selected tabs in the file property window
**update 7 (05 Feb 2013):
- text is now visible in the little balloon tip appearing near the cursor when you drag&drop files in a folder
**update 6 (28 Jan 2013):
- changed font color (now aqua) for file details in all explorer windows;
- changed font color for file details, and name too, when the file is selected (now stronger white)
**update 5 (27 Jan 2013):
- the text is now visible for disabled dropdown buttons (now filled with semitransparent soft blue);
- grey border (instead of white) for all groupboxes (like in file property window);
- blue border for mouse hover on edit boxes and selected edit boxes (so you can view them )
**update 4 (13 Jan 2013):
- soft grey border for the active window, instead of previous black title bar.
(i prefer this solution, now it's similar to the active window behavior in gsw953onDA's VS where the border is white)
**update 3 (07 Jan 2013):
- better color for mouse hover in tree view;
- better color for selected folder title;
- new mouse hover effects for caption buttons (close, minimize...).
- black sticky notes: www.mediafire.com/?flv8x40ymcn…
**update 2 (06 Jan 2013):
- thin blue border for active combox too;
- different darkness of the title bar for active and unactive windows;
- better active selection color in task manager (process details view)
**update 1 (06 Jan 2013):
- better text color of selected&unfocused elements in external applications treeview;
- thin and better blue border for unactive combobox (save as box and others);
- now hyperlinks in windows like the driver update tool of Device Manager are visible;
- highlighted text is now visible in the control panel main window;
- text is now visible in the left side of the control panel, although you don't use modded shell32.dll and you don't have a darker left side background;
- vivid highlighted text when selecting it in any box.
INSTALLATION TIPS - READ CAREFULLY!!!
NB: Windows sometimes marks downloaded zip files from Internet as unsafe and this can causes issues.
So, don't forget to unblock the zip before extracting it: right click, then go to "Properties" and select "Unblock" in the bottom box.
- after running Windows Update, load the standard "Windows" theme (aero.theme) before restarting the system to avoid black screen at boot. After the boot, you can chose Gray2014 or other modded themes.
****IMPORTANT INFO 2****
On some configs, the theme switch to default after shutting down Windows. It's due to the fast startup option, just disable it (see "TO-DO (disable) if the theme switch to default at boot.jpg" in this package).
You need to apply this uxtheme patch (others could not function properly):
Avoid other system files patching tools (sometimes, in that situation, the boot of Windows can be broken by Windows update).
Then, in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes", you should have this structure:
In the pack there's a registry fix to avoid white elements instead of dark ones after blocking the user, or sending a sleep/hybernate command to the system. Just apply it.
Install and set the included transparency tool as described in the "transparency" folder of this package.
PLEASE NOTE: some antivirus could find a malware in that folder, it's a false positive (due to the set-at-boot.reg behaviour).
There are some barely visibile fonts in few programs but it usually depends from the program itself (if it applies visual style colors for some parts, and hardcoded colors for other parts).
To set transparency in windows and popup frames use the tool included in this pack.
With Firefox, let web pages load their own colors (you can change behavior in FF settings). With Chrome all is good at default.
If you want to change the white background of some web pages like youtube, facebook, google, install STYLISH in your browser and check these css:
For WMP background: winaero.com/comment.php?commen…
Or, better, apply wmploc.dll from this pack: gsw953onda.deviantart.com/art/…
but dont know why my avast av finding virus in msstyles file !
In detailed view, if you group the items by type, in the default theme, there is a light grey horizontal line that separates each group. However, once you apply this theme, there isn't any horizontal line to differentiate the groups. May be, you can see if you can add that line (grey or blue) whenever you have the time to do it, assuming that it is possible in the first place.
1) In the File Explorer, detailed view, the column separator isn't visible. Is it possible that you change it to grey or blue to make it easy to identify the end of column and change the width. This would match the color theme of blue/grey/black.
2) When changing the application, the title of the inactive window becomes a dark grey which makes it difficult to read. Is it possible to have the active window's title in Blue color while the inactive Window is in light grey? This would match the color theme of blue/grey/black.
3) I have the Ribbon enabled in the File Explorer in Minimize Mode. I was wondering if you can could change the background color to something dark which would be great. I don't expect that the entire ribbon be skinned, just the minimized view.
Thanks for your amazing work
Is this theme supposed to have a dark ribbon like your "abisso" VS? If not, are going to implement that?
By the way, these themes are setting the menu colour for GTK apps(like firefox, gimp) to blue, I think it's not an intended behavior.
I've tried black themes on windows 8 many times, but could never stick with them since I didn't want to disable the ribbon, and it's nice too how things are changing. ^^
Thank you very much for these awesome themes.
Thank you again for those awesome themes, I know how hard is it to make these black themes for windows.
Capisco benissimo quello che vuoi dire ed è per questo che apprezzo ancora di più il tuo lavoro ma è anche uno dei motivi per cui sono passato a Linux.
Personalmente,sono rimasto a XP...che ancora adesso considero il miglior sistema operativo di casa Microsoft.
Non conosco gli altri...ma sono sicuro che per ottenere un risultato come il tuo di lavoro ce ne vuole veramente tanto...è uno dei tanti problemi dei sistemi chiusi.
Per cui complimenti davvero.
Purtroppo conosco poco il 7 e l'8 per niente.Conosco il 7 (ma molto poco) perchè mi capita di installarlo su qualche PC di qualche conoscente.
Ti posso dire che ogni volta che lo devo fare...beh non sono proprio contento.E' un lavoraccio anche l'installazione...ci vuole un sacco di tempo e devi sempre stare attento a non dimenticare qualcosa(antivirus,office,antispam,software per la pulizia del registro etc...sicuramente lo sai meglio di me).Con qualsiasi distrò linux tutto questo non è necessario...comunque hai tutto.